- It is beneficial for patients suffering from osteoarthritis.
- Before the preparation for an MRI Scan, you should inform doctor about any metallic objects, such as plates or implants in your body.
- The MRI Knee Cartigram is a test that creates images of the cartilage of the knee. These images can be stored on an electronic device that can be printed on a film. The complete procedure takes about 40-60 minutes.
- It helps the medical professional to look at problems related to joints and bones like arthritis. It also detects issues related to bone marrow, cartilage, bone tumours, and ligaments.
- This scan also provides objective information on the cartilage ultrastructure and allows clinicians to visualize collagen fibre degradation.