- If you have stroke, brain tumour.
- For a CT with contrast, do not eat anything for 6 hours before the scan.
- A CT Perfusion is a type of medical test that combines a CT scan with the injection of a special dye to produce pictures of blood vessels and tissues in a part of your body. The dye is injected through an intravenous (IV) line started in your arm or hand.
- This scan will tell you the amount of brain tissues that can be saved from damage in stroke patients.
- It can help in accesing grading of the tumours.
- It can help diagnose recurrent/residual tumour after operation.