- To look for a blood clot in a vein in cases of stroke, seizures, post-pregnancy complications etc.
- Before the preparation for an MRI Scan, you should inform doctor about any metallic objects, such as plates or implants in your body.
- The patient will lie down on a table that slides into the MRI machine. The table slides through a large magnet shaped like a tube. You may have a plastic coil placed around your head. After the table slides into the machine, a technician will take several pictures of your brain, each of which will take a few minutes.
- It identifies the site of blood clotting in cases of stroke, trauma, severe headache, seizures, post-pregancy complications.
- If performed within a golden period, it can save brain tissue from damage by early diagnosis & treatment.